Tuesday, August 18, 2015

AYACUCHO WEEK#9

SISTER MOSTERT IN QUINUA
Buenas Tardes Familia and Friends!

This past week was full of rain, travel, and miracles up here in Ayacucho. From Monday to about
Thursday, it poured. Nevertheless we went out (with umbrellas and raincoats in hand) and searched, found and taught. This week our miracle came, when a man, Mirke, contacted us in the middle of the street one night. He asked us what we were doing in Peru (It is quite apparent to many that Hna Arroyo and I are not Peruvians) and what was the message we shared. We shared with him abit on the restoration, the book of MOrmon and the Atonement, and we asked if we could visit him the next day, The folllowing day, when we met up with him, he took us to his home, where to our surprise he introduced us to "the most valuable thing" in his life; his wife and two children. We had found a family, both of the parents were very prepared to recieve us and the gospel. They are amazing, and while they arent married yet, I can´t wait for the day when they can become an eternal family.

Becuase of my status as a resident of the great US of A, this week my companion and I also made the 10 hour trip to Lima, so I could go to immigrations on Friday. It was trying, but still was a nice experience to "see the city". The best thing was that my roomate from the MTC, Hermana Artigas had to go through immigartions too!! So while we had to sit around for about 3 hours, we were able to catch up. Then in the afternoon we went out prosletying with the Hermanas from Chorillos Zone in Lima. Their area is really nice and reminds me of parts of Chihuahua!

SISTER ARROYO -SISTER MOSTERT
 Saturday night I had a little accident :) . As I mentioned the crazy rain, by saturday there was a river that formed through part of our area. Hermana Arroyo and I found a pàth of rocks that we started across, but I started loosing my grip so I grabbed onto a nearby wall. Needless to say, that wall was actually a cactus, which dug about 7 huge spines into my left hand. It took my companion and the sister who was accompaning us 10 mins to get them all out. So now I have a bruised left hand and a new fear of cacti. haha but Im doing fine.

Everything is going great down here in Peru,
HERMANA MOSTERT

P.S. Shoutout to Ben Jones for getting called to the SAN DIEGO MISSION! Mom and Dad, you have to tell me slash send me a picture if you run into him when he reports in September.