Wednesday, July 1, 2015

AYACUCHO WEEK#2

Hola Familia and Friends!
Greeting once more from the mountains.

Hermana Ramirez and Hermana Mostert
Las hermanas with the same shoes
This week has been crazy busy, and I have no idea where to start. I finally got over being sick with a cold this week, which had probably caused by the cold nights here and the freezing mountain water we bathe in. But I am all strong and good to go.Well except for my thumb which I hit on a gate, and now is all purple. Besides that all good! I also finally called my first bus stop this week, because buses "stop" (aka slow down so you can jump off) at any corner so you have to plan it at the right time and yell "Esquina BAJA!". So yes i am on my way to being an honrary peruvian.

This week was also great cause we had a lot of Family History Lessons (as were the missionaries in charge of it for all of Ayacucho). Its honestly one of my favorite things to talk about temples, and help people do their geneology. Its also great cause were preparing many recent converts to take family names to the temple on July 18th and we get to go too!

On Friday I had my first/Last Unizone(were a zone by ourselves since were so far away from any other sign of civilization) Conference with President Douglas, as he finished his mission this week. It was a great experience to learn how to improve our means of finding new investigators, and depending on the Lord in order to be better missionaries.Our new president comes next saturday which I am very excited for aswell.

The end of this week we found and taught a new investigator, F. He is incredible as he is very receptive and has a strong longing to follow Christ. Everytime we teach him the spirit is so strong, and he constantly tells us its a feeling he never wants to, or can risk to loose. I had the opportunity to also invite him to prepare to be baptized on the 25th of July, and he accepted. This work is truly amazing, and its experiences like those that make all the hard work worth it.

We had lessons this week with less active member in a part of our area Id never been. We usually dont go up there, becuase it is very very very UP there. We basically had to climb up the side of a mountain. But the view was amazing! we could see the whole city surrouond by the towering mountains. Gods earth is beautiful.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to give a talk in church. I shared the 5 thing Elder Useda of the 70 shared we should have, last week in the Trujillo Temple dedications. I liked it so much Im gonna share them will all yalls too and invite you to follow them.
1. Have a picture of the temple visible in your home
2.Work on Family History (fill ou the My Family Booklet)
3. Buy Temple Clothes
4. Have a current temple recommend
5. Attend the temple as frequently as possible.

Love you all!
Hermana Mostert