Wednesday, September 9, 2015

AYACUCHO WEEK#12 SU PRIMER BAUTIZO.



SU PRIMER BAUTIZO!




Saludos desde Ayacucho, la tierra de la tierra y del sol que quema.

COMIDA PERUNA-BISTECK A LO POBRE !!!

This was a crazy, yet amazing week. This week was very busy as we prepared for Harolds baptism and also as Hermana Arroyo prepared to head home. We also worked hard with a family of investigators, Mirke and Sully, whove been to church twice already. We had a lesson on wednesday with them where they both bore the strongest testimonies of how recieving the gospel and reading the book of Mormon has blessed their family, they have two children. Weve been working hard to get them married, and while they havent commited to a specific date,yet, they understand that to be an eternal family, first they need to be a familly established on marriage. They are beautiful family, and everytime I see them I cant help but imagine them in the temple. If theres something Ive realized so far, its that our purpose as missionaries isnt to just baptize, but to create eternal families. I can testify that I know the temple is the house of God and that there it is possible for our families to united for all time and eternity.

In other great news, Saturday morning Harold got baptized!! We had his interview on thursday and when he came out he was smiling brighter than ever. Saturday was an amazing day, Hno David from the Young Men shared a message telling a story of how one night he forgot his keys and had to enter thorugh a window, which didnt end up too well. He used this as an analogy of how the door we need to enter in in life is baptism, but as it is only a door there is alot more we need to do, enduring to the end and going to the temple. Then came the ordinace where the spirit was so strong, nad though he came up shivering, because the water here is COLD, there was a smile on his face that showed he knew his life had changed. Then Harold shared a short but very sweet testimony. Then his Mother, whose been less active most of her life, stood up and bore the most powerful testimony, that she would never leave the church again thanks to the example of her son. The people I have met here, have changed me so much for the better and I love them so much.

That same saturday night, Hermana Arroyo left. It was a sad moment as I know Ill miss her alot, but at the same time I have learned so much from her and am beyond greatful for the chance I had to be her companion. My new companion arrived Monday morning, Hermana Murillo from HONDURAS! She is amazing, and came ready to work hard and watch the miracles fall into place. May I also add that her last companion was my first companion, Hermana Ramirez. Anyways, I am very excited to start working hard with her.

Anyways all else is great here in Ayacucho. I love being a missionary, nothing else compares.
Lots of Love,
Hermana Mostert
Matthew 19-29


 

ADIOS HERMANA ARROYO!SHE IS GOING HOME !!